XLink url factorisation

   I want to describe relations between elements of two xml files in a third
one, but I would prefer to define only once the url of each one.

   For example:
FileA.xml is a collection of <EltA ident="a0"/>...<EltA ident="an"/>
FileB.xml is a collection of <EltB ident="b0"/>...<EltB ident="bm"/>

   A simple solution would be like :
<description>
  <refA href="...FileA.xml"/>
  <refB href="...FileB.xml"/>
  <relation>
    <elemA refIdent="a0"/>
    <elemB refIdent="b0"/>
    <elemB refIdent="b1"/>
    <elemB refIdent="b7"/>
  </relation>
  <relation>
  </relation>
</description>

   However, I would rather use extended XLink. Then, each FileA or FileB
element would be a locator :
<refElem ident="elemA0" xlink:type="locator" href="...FileA.xml#id(a0)"
<refElem ident="elemA1" xlink:type="locator" href="...FileA.xml#id(a1)"
<refElem ident="elemBm" xlink:type="locator" href="...FileB.xml#id(bm)"
And then I would just have to define the arcs elements.

   What bothers me is the repetition for each locator of the whole URL of
FileA.xml or FileB.xml Is there a smart way to avoid it ?
   I thought of defining a simple XLink to each file, but I don't know how
to perform the relative references within locators

Any hint/suggestion are welcome

Best Regards,
Olivier Dameron