Re: Picking the Tools -- Marrying processing models to data model s

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> OO was about making the operations actually intrinsic to the bundles of
> data.
>
> The post-OO evolution at which I think you hinted is about flipping it
> all the way around so we're drafting neat functions to operate against
> the properly considered data models.

That's a backwards step - databases started with that kind of
architecture, and are trying to move to an OO model (limited somewhat by
the lack of a decent standard)

> maintenance.  A trememdous side-effect of XML adoption is that it's
> encouraging developers to finally start putting these matters in the
> right order.

How is this different from the days of SQL databases?

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/