RE: Picking the Tools -- Marrying processing models to data model s

Al Snell wrote:

> > maintenance.  A trememdous side-effect of XML adoption is that it's
> > encouraging developers to finally start putting these matters in the
> > right order.
>
> How is this different from the days of SQL databases?

The days of SQL databases are still today -- and what was done then is still
proper. OO is still a great way to organize _software modules_. The problem,
as I see it, is that software programmers, spending lots of time designing
and writing software modules, start to try and view the entire world as a
software module. Black box design was also around long before "OO" and still
is the way to build stuff, what we need to keep straight is when to use a
black box and when to use a clear box.

-Jonathan