RE: Picking the Tools

The Topic Maps papers from InfoTek also have a diagramming
grammar.   There is a wonderful one for the class Thing.
Sort of like Topic or Resource, it is the name that should
not be named.  Most of us have been in the MoreMetaThanThou
debates.  Then there are the Ambitions but that is
the usual "Caution: Mammals at Work" problem.

Ok, yes, we get a sourmash of tools that we have to
sort out.

Here's why I ask:  when we sit down to do one of these
language initiatives, windy goals and all, it would be
nice for OASIS or the W3C to say, "here is the highest
level of abstraction we need, and here is how we want
you to document that" so those of us who are using
multiple languages in system aggregates have an easier
time of it.  A formatting layout with some standard
topics and look don't quite get the job done.   At
least in PDES, they demanded the use of EXPRESS.

Something like that...

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.