[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Namespace: what's the correct usage?
- From: Jeff Rafter <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:32:33 -0700
I find myself becoming more and more confused:
1) When there is an unqualified element as a child of an element with a
qualified namespace the child is said to have an "absent target namespace".
Is the intent of the _XML Schema_ spec that this child element should be
treated as a chameleon (thus treated as a member of the default namespace in
context) or treated as an element with no namespace regardless any default
<!-- According to XML Namespaces only: foo? -->
<!-- According to XML Schemas only: foo or bar or absent? -->
2) Should mixed unqualified and qualified elements be allowed at all? If not
what can be done at this point?
I have put up a couple of samples up at
instance1 + schema1 + schema2 is meant to show ambiguity.
instance1 + schema1 + schema3 is meant to show something potentially
I agree, the cost does seem to be very high.
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting