Re: Indexing XML

There are a number of solutions to indexing XML. It might be a good idea to add
GoXML XML Search engine to the following:

http://www.xmlsoftware.com/search/

Duane Nickull <duane@xmlglobal.com> on 05/29/2001 12:23:37 AM

To:   Bob DuCharme <bob@udico.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: Indexing XML

Hello again.  Sorry for the delay but I have been travelling the last few
days.

I am intrigued by the claim of contextual XML searching and indexing on the
web by Dynaweb.  I searched for it and got lots of information but was
unable to find specifics on contextual use of the structure in the source
documents.

In the meantime,  I would also invite you to take a closer look at what we
did with the GoXML XML Search engine and how we handled the context issues
(indexing every CDATA against elements, attributes etc.).

Also - who worked on Dynaweb and what is the currect status?

Cheers

Duane Nickull
XML Global