RE: eWEEK Translating XML Schema

> This is "bad news" because it sets us all up for a wave of
> "XML is Dead"
> articles next year when the rough edges become obvious to
> ZDNet et al.

Read: "XML [Hype] is Dead". Good riddance.

> (Recall
> the Java hype collapse in 1997-1998 ...)

Java is still alive and kicking and doing useful work, thank you. So will
XML & Co. years from now. The first blush of love always wears off, but it
doesn't mean that the relationship always sours.

> How do we strike the right balance between promoting XML's
> potential ... and
> warning that its outer regions are largely unexplored?

Perhaps by avoiding the hardwiring together of XML component technologies as
soon as they're proposed? Maybe that's too cynical...