RE: A few things I noticed about w3c's xml-schema

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Michael Fitzgerald wrote:

> I always enjoy Murali's comments, and I think time and reason will prove
> that he has done his homework and is on the mark. I also believe that, in
> the long term, good ideas prevail.
>
> James Clark and Murata Makoto have certainly done their homework and RELAX
> NG will prove it. I believe that their work on RELAX NG (the unification of
> RELAX and TREX on JIS and ISO tracks) is some of the most important work
> happening in XML now.
>
> Anyone taking a close look at RELAX NG will find it difficult to assail.
> Plus it is easy to use. Anyone interested in RELAX NG will benefit from
> reading the latest tutorial at
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/relax-ng/200105/msg00291.html. Also,
> anyone having more than a superficial suggestion on how to improve RELAX NG
> will usually find a ready, listening ear on its completely open list
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/relax-ng/. The RELAX NG TC is sponsored
> by OASIS.

thanks for your favorable comments. I have tried to understand a small
portion of xml related technology, and nothing more -- there are several
aspects which i do *not* know about -- but structures for xml-schemas -- i
think i know quite a bit.

I also *fully* agree that RELAX NG is the most important thing that is
happening at present. i am very sure it will be the technology that
prevails -- correctness is most important, and a correct solution vs an
incorrect one, i definitely believe everyone will be convinced of the
correct solution.

got some work to finish off -- thanks once again.

regards - murali.