RE: Copyrighting schemas, Hailstorm

Please also note that according to the Berne Convention on Copyright,
everything that is written (Book, letter, email, programs, schema
definitions) are implicitly copyrighted by the writer and need a stated
assertion to another copyright holder or to the public domain. This and
the lack of knowledge of the general public w.r.t. copyright law is
probably why companies tend to add copyright notices explicitly to such
things as schema definitions...

Best regards
Michael (speaking for myself and not as a lawyer or employee of
Microsoft)

Copyright notice: This email is implicitly copyrighted by Michael Rys,
unless his employment contract would state that every email sent from
his company email account would become copyrighted by his employer.
Explicit right is granted to store entire copies of this email on
computer systems not belonging to the copyright holder as long as they
are not changed. Furthermore citations for the purpose of answering to
this email in any media format, either in its entirety or by quoting
extraction is allowed, assuming that the copyright owner is receiving a
copy of the citation. Etc.etc. :-)