Från: David Brownell [mailto:david-b@pacbell.net]
Skickat: den 2 juni 2001 00:03
Till: Dimitris Dimitriadis
Kopia: XML DEV
Ämne: Re: Copyrighting schemas, Hailstorm

> What's your view on if it were a public system?

"iff" == "if and only if" ... public systems wouldn't have
owners per se, except sometimes the custodial interest
of a government.  That's not an "ownership" interest,
and it's one where decisions must be attuned to "seventh
generation" timeframes as well as explicitly valuing
diversity.  That means among other things no biases
towards bigger fish and against smaller ones; it's one
river that everyone shares, and keeps healthy.

> Btw, that was a significantly more concise and
> bandwith-saving answer than I gave.

It's a time-budgeting issue ... :)

- Dave