Re: Usage of Fonts in XML

> One of the "Save As" options in Excel is "Unicode Text," which I believe
in
> pre-W2000 MS products always means UCS-2 Unicode. After a quick test, the
> characters seem to be delimited by tabs, so the script mentioned above
could
> use those to figure out where the elements and attributes are. If the tool
> for the conversion can be told that it's reading UCS-2 text, it can
probably
> be told to write the output in whatever encoding is most convenient for
you.

I have MS Office 2000 installed on Windows 2000 OS.
I have  saved the MS Excel file to "Unicode Text".
When I view the text in Notepad I see that it's delimited by tab.
When I open it in MS Word or MS Excel it imports the text and displays it in
Courrier and Times New Roman fonts respectively and not the Arlsk font
that's initially used. Is this normal?

What tool do I use to do the conversion from "Unicode Text" to XML?

What encoding do you think would best suit my requirement, I am displaying
text with diacritical marks?

How does this work? Once I get the converted XML file with the diacritical
marks and view it on an internet browser of a system, will I need to have
the particular font I used to write the text initially in MS Excel installed
on the system?

> I personally don't open binary files from strangers that may contain
> built-in macros, especially Excel and Word files, which are very popular
for
> spreading viruses. Not that you would be trying to spread a virus, but you
> never know how good someone else's virus-checking infrastructure is.

What do you suggest is the best way to send over formatted text?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Jyotinarayan.