Re: Syntax-driven editing (was RE: DTD formal syntax)

I believe XMLSpy has an API for developing custom forms. Have you
investigated that? XMetal has similar support, I believe. I haven't
investigated these in any depth myself, but I plan to do so because I have
interest in developing custom UIs for editing XML. I'm more interested in
XML Schema than DTDs myself, though, because we need the data-typing support
and are using XML for data rather than documents, at present.