Re: Syntax-driven editing (was RE: DTD formal syntax)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Brennan" <Michael_Brennan@Allegis.com>
> I believe XMLSpy has an API for developing custom forms. Have you
> investigated that? XMetal has similar support, I believe. I haven't
> investigated these in any depth myself, but I plan to do so because I have
> interest in developing custom UIs for editing XML. I'm more interested in
> XML Schema than DTDs myself, though, because we need the data-typing
support
> and are using XML for data rather than documents, at present.

When I worked with the evaluation copy of XMLSpy I did not notice an
API for custom forms, but perhaps I missed it. I will take another look.
That would be very much what I am looking for. And if they do provide
UI APIs, that should be of interest to you, since as far as I can tell
XMLSpy is tracking XML Schema.

Jim