A question about XML-Schema

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask one slightly abstract question about w3c's proposal
for xml-schema -- this regards restriction.

Is restriction in xml-schema transitive?? -- in other words, if a type
Type_B is obtained by restriction from Type_A, and Type_C is obtained by
restriction from Type_B, then is the following statement true: "Type_C can
always be obtained by restriction from Type_A"

If the above is not true, can anyone give me an example, when it is not
true.

thanks and regards - murali.