Re: & in XML files

Hi Thushara,

An ampersand (&) may be escaped numerically (&) or with a general
entity
(&).

<SUPPLIERCOMPANYNAME>JONSON &amp; JONSON</SUPPLIERCOMPANYNAME>

or you can declare a entity with this value !

Xavier Orri

> Thushara Perera wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Could someone please tell me how to include the & in an XML element.
>
>  <SUPPLIERCOMPANYNAME>JONSON & JONSON</SUPPLIERCOMPANYNAME>
>
> As shown above, I want to have a the name JONSON & JONSON as XML data.
> But when I check it for well-formed condition, it gives an error. What
> should I do ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Thushara

|								     |
|   Xavier Orri		              | mailto:orri@octalis.com	     |
|   Octalis S.A.                      | Tf:  + 32 (0)10 45 81 99     |
|   11F Avenue Albert Einstein        | GSM: + 32 (0)497 45 68 03    |
|   1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium    | Fax: + 32 (0)10 45 57 29     |

+---------------------------- DISCLAIMER ----------------------------+
| "This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information   |
| which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property    |
| rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named |
| above. Any use of the information contained herein (including, but |
| not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or    |
| distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated     |
| recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in    |
| error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail   |
| and delete the material from any computer.                         |
| Thank you for your cooperation."                                   |