Searching multiple 500KB+ XML documents

Hello.  Anyone have some ideas/links/suggestions regarding relatively easy
(for me) and relatively inexpensive (for the company) ways to search
multiple (less than 50) XML documents running about 500KB in size?  I've
encountered some mention of an Oracle solution in the XSL list archive and
FAQ but that solution really is overkill right now -- along with a
full-blown repository (one's in the works, but it's still months away).

I've briefly seen GoXML. Any thoughts there? Anything similar?

Do I just spin them out as HTML and use MS Index Server to get by?

TIA,
Mattio