Re: XSLT vs. document size

At 17:08 11/06/2001, KRUMPOLEC Martin wrote:
>Good morning,
>
>   I would like to ask experts (yes you are :-) on this list about the
>   suitability of the XSLT processing on the bigger documents.
>
>   Common size of input files in our scenerio is hundreds of kilobytes,
>   but in rare peaks it can be tens of megabytes and XSLT processing
>   sucks too much of memory and CPU ...
>
>   What would you suggest ? Can I use XSLT in streaming fashion ?
>   (I doubt it because of xpath patterns)

You might want to look at Omnimark (www.omnimark.com).
Far from cheap nowadays, but extremly effective
in these sorts of situations.

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@steptwo.com.au