RE: Non-deterministic content model

> How do
>
>  > It is a point of incompatibility: From experience,
>  > XML Spy and XMetal (I work for Softquad) will accept
>  > it, msxml will not.
>
> these tools deal with it?

They use somewhat smarter-than-required parsers. [mumbel] It was six months
ago, and I had a DTD written by a programmer customer -- he figured he could
use any content model that _he_ could resolve in his head.

Anyway, as I recall, XMetal took (a,(b|c)?,b), and the other two didn't. I
don't remember the pattern that MS wouldn't take but the other two , but I
remember not being able do decide if it _should_ have or not.

Frank