Re: almost four years ago....

Quoting Peter Flynn <peter@silmaril.ie>:

> Store the master in XML...but deliver in a form suited to your
> customers' needs, and if that means gzipped .dvi files dervied
> from the master source, so be it.
>
> It's still risky to assume that every Internet user has a 1GHz
> machine with limitless disk space on a T1 connection.

Quite. XML does have a somewhat fascist disregard for embedded devices and
lightweight applications. It amuses me when people refer to SOAP or XML-RPC
as "lightweight RPC protocols" when they're orders of magnitude more
heavyweight than ONC RPC.

At some point I'll shove all this stuff on a Web page and post the URL when
this comes up - the pro-verbose faction can point to the XML Deviant article
from last time :-)

> ///Peter

ABS

--