Re: some findings on "XML Tools" and"XHTML 1.1 with SVG and MathML D TD" (XML isn't simple)

I suspect most (perhaps all) of those that don't work, don't work
because they rely on MSXML as their underlying parser. In its various
incarnations MSXML has notorious, long-standing bugs including the
handling of ignorable white space and namespaces declared through DTD
default attributes.  It would be instructive to divide your findings
into those products that do and don't use MSXML. I suspect you'll
find that the more accurate conclusion is that XML 1.0 + namespaces
is not that complex, but that Microsoft simply does not have the will
to completely and accurately follow the standards.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |