Re: Help: Linking 2 XML documents

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Warren Keane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need some advice regarding how to display an XML document on a web site.
> Here is the scenario:
>
> I have two xml HTTP feeds which I retrieve from a partner web site via the
> Microsoft.XMLHTTP object. The first feed is a subset of the second as in:

It looks as if you first need to persuade whoever feeds you the
data to invent and apply some kind of coding so that (eg) your
FEED1 example can actually be identified by the processor as
belonging to FEED2. Right now if you are getting lots of these
there is no way to hook them together. EG

> FEED 1
> ======
>   <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>   <News story="ABC123" level="2">
[...]
> FEED2
> =====
>   <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> - <News story="ABC123" level="1">

Get the data model right to start with and the rest should
follow.

///Peter