XQuery & XSLT was RE: Verboseness - XML Syntax for XQuery 1.0 (XQueryX)

I'd like to respond to a number of comments, and clear up what I believe
is needed. The verboseness is not the issue - XQueryX is not really
meant for human consumption. Instead this is about the normal syntax for
XQuery - consistency with XSLT and whether this concise format should be
available as XML as well as or instead of the text syntax.

There is nothing more confusing than having two similar but subtly
different syntaxes to remember. XQuery serves a different purpose to
XSLT and needs a different syntax to reflect these differences. However,
where the two standards overlap they should be more consistent. In
particular, I believe the XSLT template body format should be used for
query results.