RE: XML Blueberry

Then we must understand the level above that.  The
web has become an ecology of abstractions.  What
XML brought to the party was a common way to express
these abstractions and share them in renderings or
operations of our own choosings.  But the abstractions
are the important level of information that now must
be shared.  For the universe of trade to thrive and
cohere, as Frank Herbert wrote, "The spice must flow."
It is the schematization of abstractions and the
insistence that these remain the property of the
commons, not the private profit property of the
few that we now pursue.

The ASCII thing is done.

The killer app is not a web app: it is a tool for
creating and rendering abstractions that works
in ANY medium.  The abstractions are now the commodities
of exchange.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.