[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Steve Ballmer is cracking up
- From: Ken North <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:02:34 -0700
1. > "XML IS BIGGER THAN THE GUI!
IF everybody starts driving GUIs with XML
AND building XML into their application (deployment descriptors, config
AND there are literally billions of mobile devices using thousands of XML
AND hundreds of millions of PCs running applications for which the primary
interface is the browser AND the browsers access web pages that are 70-80%
XML or XHTML
(probability = x)
2. BIGGER THAN THE PC!
See 1 (above).
Probability = y
3. BIGGER THAN THE INTERNET!
This must be qualified as bigger than TODAY's Internet. IF in 2007, the
Internet has expanded by a factor of 3 and 70-80% of the pages are XML or
XHTML, THEN ...
(Probability = z)
Anyone have a value for x, y or z?
4. .NET IS JUST A NAME FOR ALL THE THINGS WE HAVE TO DO TO PARTICIPATE IN
THE XML REVOLUTION!"