RE: [OT] The stigma of schema

A standard technique for identifying members of
communities is to create a dictionary of the
terms which emerge naturally from the process
of communication about domain-specific topics.
Some of these terms are adapted and modified
from other vocabularies showing both lexical
and semantic drift.  Languages are natural
organisms which is why for some disciplines,
dead languages are used even though use of these
languages creates barriers and costs to use
and acquisition of information. Latin liturgies
are the an often cited example along with the
King James Version of the Bible complete with
translation inaccuracies and political transformations.

It isn't dangerous.  It is how language evolves
and part of the control of community interaction.

As Y'all Mayest Spake....

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.