Re: Against the Grain: Pascal commentary about XML and databases

Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Of course, Fabian would then go on to say that the only sound kind of DBMS
> is a relational database, but I hope we can feel free to differ with him on
> that.

And then I'm sure that most people made the same argument about
relational databases before the 1980s.  At that time, they were still,
for the most part, a novelty, and by no means the norm...  Not to
mention the fact that they weren't stable and the technology behind them
couldn't be considered 'sound'.  Hell, most of them still suck.

--
Tom Bradford --- The dbXML Project --- http://www.dbxml.org/
We store your XML data a hell of a lot better than /dev/null