RE: xml question regarding document comparing

Hi Dennis,

Maybe this will help you. To be honest, it was something I learned during an
IBM seminar and which seems very usefull to me if you want to compare two
XML elements. I guess XMLDiff works the same way. I haven't tried it yet.
Here is the proposed solution:

There is something called the the DOMHash
(http://www.ymtech.co.kr/ref/cdrom/java/xml/xml4j/docs/domhash.html#Introduc
tion)
The DOMHash algorithm is part of the XML security suite. It generates a
unique hash value for all or part of an XML document.
This XML security suite is available at IBM's alphaWorks site
(http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com)

You could generate the DOMHash values for all the elements in your created
XML documents (how are you going to convert this non XML documents to XML
documents?)and compare them with the hash value of the same elements in your
document. You could write a script to replace or add an element if the hash
values don't match.
Btw I don't know how it handles whitespace...

Regards,
Gert