Re: DTD / schema for itemized bills and SOAP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Klinkerfuß" <christian.klinkerfuss@gmx.de>
To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 5:42 PM
Subject: DTD / schema for itemized bills and SOAP

> Hi,
>
> can anybody pls point me to an initiative defining DTDs or schemas for
> itemized bills. The bills include every single connection made in
networks.
> This includes source, destination, duration, volume, costs,... .

You could try Oasis[1], BizTalk[2] and RosettaNet[3]. I *think* those
organizations have some kind of vertical market schema effort. They may
already have one ( or several ) for bills.

> There will be about 200.000 single data sets in one month. Is it
appropriate
> to use SOAP for such a data exchange?

Well, that's one exchange every 12 seconds or so. Depends on whether each
piece of data can be transmitted and processed in 12 seconds... How big is
each exchange likely to be in terms of number of elements/attributes and raw
stream size?

Regards

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor