Re: XPath implementation

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:49:11PM +0300, Dimiter Naydenov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some reading and research, a could not find a XPath implementation in
> W3C's XML DOM.i

  Wrong, you should check the following, but it's only a Working Draft
at this point:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-XPath/

> It is used only as part of the XSLT-processor. So this means

  No it's used by XPointer too at least.

> that there is no function or interface-method that is in the XML DOM to
> parse XPath and return the node. Am I right ? If so, maybe I will have to
> write a XPath parser myself or use one if available.

  Use an existing one,

> Because the project I'm working on is going to be platform independant, I
> wanted to use something standard as XML DOM interface-method. Can anyone
> recommend a XPath parser with such capabilities (to work on Win32, nix*-es,
> etc.) ?

  Not even specifying your language target such a question is likely to
give you back tons of useless answers. There is a lot of portable toolkits
out there most of them with DOM and XPath capabilities,

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com