RE: XML Blueberry (non-ASCII name characters in Japan)

Errmm... You forget long term archival applications.

People do more with XML than type it or use it for
quick and dirty transactions even if they don't see
it.  Tangential but there it is. I agree that the numbers
of users aren't impressive for the overall cost but I'm
not sure economics is always the right response to
eliminating artifacts from the commons.

Or one could say as some seem to be that XML is not
the commons.  It is a product wholly owned by a
consortium with its own customers and requirements.

Why not push Blueberry off to SGML?
Bigger kids; bigger car.  Real commons.
That would make it ISO's problem.

Len