From: Elliotte Rusty Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 5:48 PM
To: Bullard, Claude L (Len); xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: XML Blueberry (non-ASCII name characters in Japan)

At 4:11 PM -0500 7/9/01, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>Errmm... You forget long term archival applications.

I'm not quite sure I know what you're trying to say here; but for long term
archival, consider the Rosetta stone. It was written in Hieroglyphic,
Demotic, and Greek; and it's that last language that let it be translated.
Now imagine it were written in one language. That would have been a lot less
useful.