-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Bradford [mailto:bradford@dbxmlgroup.com]

- If XML, as a specification, is meant to be able to stand on its own
for 1000 years (as has been said), it had DAMNED better be able to
handle any character set you throw at it, including those that have yet
to be defined.  It's quite possible that at some point within the next
1000 years, as we progress toward a unified global society, that the
Romance languages will die a slow painful death.  Who can say?