RE: participating communities (was XML Blueberry)

Title:
As long as we understand that, fine.  There is no difference except
that ISO works for governments and the W3C works for private companies.
Well, yes there are big differences but we don't have to hash those out here.
It's all been said before.

You understood DSSSL?  Wow.  That ten or 12 year cycle of
development must be worth the price.  SGML?
You worked for SoftQuad and didn't understand it?  That must have been
hard come salary review time.  As for Hytime, neither did I and it
wasn't for lack of trying.  What I did understand was elegant.  Now
groves, that became clearer but again, we'd have to back off the
W3C to use that.

Now, who owns the intellectual property of markup?  The commons?  The people
through their representatives own SGML.    Companies through their
representatives own XML.  That's what the constitution on this side of the border
says anyway and you have confirmed.

Thanks.  Blueberry is a business decision for the W3C.  Case closed.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h