[ANN:] RTFOutputHandler (4xt)

I am pleased to announce the very first release of a RTF output method
for XT [1].

This method is a very simple serializer that writes a XML representation
of RTF as a RTF document.

I think that its very simplicity should make it a powerful and flexible
tool, especially since it comes (ala XSL-FO) after a XSLT
transformation, but I am far from being a RTF expert and your feedback
will be most needed to improve this first release.

I hope that this simple tool that I have developed after an idea posted
by Sandrine Partiot on xml-tech@xmlfr.org [2] will be helpful.

If the XML serialization of RTF happens to be a good idea, this output
handler could be very easily turned into a SAX writer and a RTF parser
could be developed to parse RTF documents into XML.

Enjoy,

Eric

[1] http://4xt.org/downloads/examples/outputhandlers/formatedtext/
[2] http://xmlfr.org/listes/xml-tech/2001/07/0173.html