Re: DTD Notation raises a question

Rod Davison wrote:

> In Linguistics, it is well known that true synonomy does not exist.  Given
> two putative semantic synonyms (like "medial" and "middle") -- one can always
> find a discourse pragmatic usage of one where the other would not be allowed
> ("I am the middle child", *"I am the medial child.").

	He has Jakob-Creutzfeldt disease.
	He has Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
	He has subacute spongiform encephalopathy.

These three terms may be substituted for one another in any context.

There is / one art             || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less              || http://www.reutershealth.com
to do / all things             || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
with art- / lessness           \\ -- Piet Hein