RE: throwing SAX Exceptions from SAX Filters

If this would only be used within the context of a SAX filter and nowhere
else, I'd say just throw a SAXException. That's what I typically do.
SAXExceptions can conveniently carry another exception, so the application
can determine what the real original exception was. I tend to leverage that
pretty heavily. In fact, I always through a SAXParseException so that the
application can get the Locator info and determine where in the XML source
the error occurred. That's pretty useful for debugging.