RE: Two different sets of experiences about non-English identifie rs

Title: RE: Two different sets of experiences about non-English identifiers

Would you document the element names in Korean or English?

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Muller [mailto:colin@durbanet.co.za]
Sent: 13 July 2001 12:07
To: Don Park
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: Two different sets of experiences about non-English
identifiers

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:29:09PM -0700, Don Park wrote:

> A Korean bank, which decided two years ago to use native tag names
> companywide, now has to merge with an American bank, some heads will roll
> when the CEO is faced with the bill.

Might I say how very kind of you it is to self-appoint yourself to
crusade on behalf of those who might find themselves in situations
like the above. However, if they have documented the element names
(one of the solutions mentioned several times here as perfectly
reasonable for those who end up having to use element names from a
script they don't know), there should really be no major problem. No?

Colin