RE: building an object model of a XML schema

I looked at ORM and I'll take a look at Robin's pages but I can't see that
UML modeling really addresses specifically what I'm looking for (although
UML probably addresses everything, you just have to find it, learn it, and
translate the pictures into real code). To be honest, I'm not a big fan of
CASE-like approaches to begin with, but I do appreciate UML may have
something to offer I just haven't run across yet, and I do use it on
occasion.

I don't really want to model objects or XML, what I'm looking for is an
abstract mapping of types.
I'll dig around a little further, though, thanks. I haven't poked around UML
for a couple of years and I'm sure I'll find some interesting stuff, even if
it's not quite to my taste.