RE: Metadata I18N

Paul Cody Johnston  posited:

[snipped]

> Kindof like architectural forms
> for locales.
>
> This technology assumes that one would be able to say what the
> mappings between metatdata symbols would be, and that a processor
> would be able to know what locale it's operating within:
>
> locale     en         gb        es        fr
> symbol     <Message>  <Meldung> <Mensaje> <Message>
>
> Sorry I have no eastern language examples, I wouldn't even know where
> to start.

jp
<メッセージ>

Can you read it? This one happens to be katakana (borrowed from
English/French). It could be romanized as <messeji> or <messeeji> (and
perhaps others, depending on school). It might be appropriate for talking
about object oriented languages.

If the context were the like of telephone messages, then it would probably
be

jp
<伝言>

which is kanji, (romanizes to <dengon> or <den-gon>). In other contexts, we
might need other transliterations.

Cheers,

Joel Rees
programmer -- rees@mediafusion.co.jp
To be a tree supporting all information,
  giving root to the chaos
    and branches to the trivia,
      information breathing anew --
        This is the aim of Yggdrasill.
============================XML as Best Solution===
Media Fusion Co. ,Ltd.  株式会社メディアフュージョン
Amagasaki  TEL 81-6-6415-2560    FAX 81-6-6415-2556
    Tokyo TEL 81-3-3516-2566   FAX 81-3-3516-2567
                       http://www.mediafusion.co.jp