Re: Blueberry is not "closed" (was: Closing Blueberry)

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> >My problem with it is that in the world of componentized XML generation,
> >the top level may not even know what names a component generates.
> >

> I confess I don't understand this objection. What componentized system are we talking about here?

Well, suppose we have a program whose purpose is to pull XML fragments out
of various databases and create a consolidated file.  If the program invokes
the database in asXML mode, the database generates XML all by itself.
If the program has a streaming design, as it well might, how does it
know *at the beginning*, where the Blueberry Mark presumably is,
whether or not to generate it?

The alternative is to use two passes or to buffer up all the output,
either of which may be prohibitive.

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter