Re: Blueberry is not "closed" (was: Closing Blueberry)

At 1:16 PM -0400 7/19/01, John Cowan wrote:

>My problem with it is that in the world of componentized XML generation,
>the top level may not even know what names a component generates.

I confess I don't understand this objection. What componentized system are we talking about here?

If DTDs and external entities, then each piece has its own text declaration and presumably its own Blueberry declaration (or not).

If XInclude, then each piece has its own XML declaration and Blueberry declaration.

If it's some non-XML system, then surely it's the responsibility of the system to figure out whether each piece is or is not Blueberry, as just one of many tasks it has to perform when assembling the XML document?