RE: Collected Works of SAX

Although, and it may seem inconsistent on my part, if it hasn't
got a home, I'm in favor of it going to OASIS based on
the policies they use to keep things accessible.  They
have some good rules about the labeling of such assets
that enable them to stay public.  We had to look at this
for HumanML and the OASIS rules are as open as it is
possible for an org to be.   Ask yourself how fast
SAX is changing, how and and what breadth of people
should have input, what to do when people have to
drop out, etc., then look for an org that fits those
constraints.   For example, for VRML97, ISO enabled
both the ISO version and the W3DC version of the
standard, thus an ISO standard and a W3CD open version.
They are kept in parallel and that seems to satisfy
everyone.

Private may conflict with open; open does not conflict
with kept in the commons.   As long as one neither steals
the goose from the commons, nor the commons from the goose,
the public needs are generally met.  Preserve options
but choose according to case.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.