[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Primary and Foreign Keys
- From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <email@example.com>
- To: xml-dev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:30:18 -0500
A more fun question:
Given a relational database for which one creates a
parallel XML schema, how do others think key relationships
should be described:
1. Simple types with the insurance that corresponding
values exist in both tables (doesn't seem very strong to me).
3. ID/IDREFs (probably a non-starter given the caveat)
Caveat: It is usually the case that the schema will be broken
up into multiple schema given that the original is
for a very large (field and table wise) relational
system. Also note, this is going from relational to
XML Schema, not the other way around.
Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h