RE: Primary and Foreign Keys

Ah, but if the first requirement is to work
in the context of XML Schema, how will RDF
fit with this for the key relationships?

Consider a design in which the schema represents
the data-centric approach and should be
agnostic about what database implementation
is used.  In other words, it starts out life
as a relational database (really a hybrid
because of the GUI layer with business logic,
so a mid 90s design), then one wants to make
the data available to different systems at
different scales (big agencies, little agencies,
tweeny agencies, sometimes using desktop
interfaces, sometime handhelds).   That is
where many of us are today.  We need to
open our dbs up to different services and
migrate the push models of delivery to
pull models in the sense that most large
reporting systems collate and send their
data up to collection agencies that then
regularize them and send them on to a central
collection agency, like mountain, to stream
to river to ocean with a data-centric schema
as the cohesive force.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.