RE: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

> On 30 Jul 2001 19:18:28 -0700, Simon Fell wrote:
> > As the two fragments you give are not equivalent, I'm a little
> > confused as to why you'd want to do this ?
>
> From my perspective, they're not equivalent.  From another perspective,
> they are equivalent.  See:
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/05/30/deviant.html
>
> I'm basically attempting to build a bridge from a practice I don't like
> to a practice I do like.

That is like saying you prefer element names with a '.' instead of those
using camel case, so you write a filter to lowercase any characters and
preceed them with a '.'. All you are accomplishing is taking a valid XML
document and invalidating it because you didn't like the way the author
defined it. You certainly are free to do with a document whatever you want,
but I would think you could spend your time on more usefull endevors. Local
element declarations are usefull and important for certain use cases.

Dave