RE: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

On 31 Jul 2001 10:12:55 -0400, David E. Cleary wrote:
> That is like saying you prefer element names with a '.' instead of those
> using camel case, so you write a filter to lowercase any characters and
> preceed them with a '.'. All you are accomplishing is taking a valid XML
> document and invalidating it because you didn't like the way the author
> defined it. You certainly are free to do with a document whatever you want,
> but I would think you could spend your time on more usefull endevors. Local
> element declarations are usefull and important for certain use cases.

Thanks, David, but -

As the recipient of documents created using practices I consider both
repugnant and difficult to process, I still may have to do something
with those documents.  "Invalidating" the document may be your
interpretation - making it usable is mine.

Don't like my practice, don't use my code.

Simon St.Laurent