Question on id constraints

Title: Question on id constraints

Hi,

I'm trying to decipher the schema spec on identity contstraint validity, but perhaps someone can save me a few hours and a few aspirin.

If I have:
<keyref name="ref" refers="pk" > ...

1. Is the key "pk" required to be defined physically earlier in the schema file (I would have thought not)
2. Is pk required to be defined on the same element as ref, or on a descendant or anscetor of it, or just anywhere in the same schema?

Thanks,

John

John Anderson

CTO BarbadosoftTM  Pure intelligent XML