Re: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

Simon Fell wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:35:27 -0400, in xml you wrote:
>

> As the two fragments you give are not equivalent, I'm a little
> confused as to why you'd want to do this ?

According to the XML Schema re-interpretation of namespace semantics,
they are alternative representations of the same thing, one with
elementFormDefault="qualified" and one with
elementFormDefault="unqualified" (which is the newly invented usage, and
the default!)

So yes they may be equivalent, and given that the new usage pretty
effectively breaks the namespace processing model of existing tools like
XSLT I can see why Simon would like to convert them.

Francis.