[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing
- From: Ronald Bourret <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: xml-dev <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:14:00 -0700
Leigh Dodds wrote:
> And after the author has amended their schema to require that these
> changes be made, there is a technical problem to solve: processing
> older data which might conform to the previous version of the
> In these circumstances Simons solution is perfectly valid.
Even as I was writing my "you shouldn't do this" comment, I knew it
wasn't completely valid. Telling somebody they can or can't use a
product in a certain way is always a debatable thing to do. I think what
upsets me is that:
1) Unqualified child elements strikes me as a bad practice, period, so I
don't want to do anything to encourage it.
2) Simon's solution needs to be applied carefully, since it has a very
real potential for name collisions.