Re: Namespaces,W3C XML Schema (was Re: ANN: SAX FiltersforNamespaceProcessing)

"David E. Cleary" wrote:

> XML Schema has not introduced unqualified child elements.

Sorry, I was not clear. By "unqualified child elements" I mean
unqualified child elements being interpreted as being in the namespace
of their parent. XML Schemas did introduce this.

The XML namespaces spec is quite clear about such elements. If a default
namespace is in scope, they're in that namespace. If a default namespace
is not in scope, they're not in any namespace. My point is that XML
Schemas did to namespace processing what DTDs did to attributes in
document processing. You get different results depending on whether a
schema is present. I can't see this as a good thing.

-- Ron